Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fattycakes Outta Fat City - Skip Day 13

Start Date: January 12, 2008
Start weight: 186.4
Goal: 145
Today's weight: 175.4
Overnight LOSS: 1.4
Total Loss: -11.0lbs

I was speechless when I got on the scale this morning(and that's unusual for me) ...finally a loss. Oh yeah, I feel like "it's my birthday"...you know the song! :o)
I think I will add lean beef to my diet to see if it makes a difference in my loss. I could use a change. I have a cabbage roll recipe in mind that I'd like to try. A friend recommended a strawberry lemonade recipe that sounds good. I've read Pounds and Inches, must have missed the part about eating veal and beef.(duh!) becca..Thanks for the link to the hcg recipes.

Today is my "skip day" and so far so good...no hunger pains. My skip day was supposed to be yesterday but I completely forgot. You'd think i'd be looking forward to a "no shot" day.
I'll let you know tomorrow how I do.

Thanks maryg, biz, becca & lili for looking in on me. I appreciate your comments and advise, they keep me going. Yes, lili I am silly, crazy, off the heezy...all that! My daughter just turned 16 last week and she thinks she's my mom. She's now bugging me about driving, I don't know if i'd feel safe with her on the road. :) She teaches me all the latest slang and dance moves, so when her friends come over, she plays her ipod and says, "dance for them mom". It's all fun! I do anything to stay in touch with her and to get to know all of her friends because with teenagers, it's sometimes hard to reach them.. they think parents "can't relate" ya know. I also have 2 handsome sons, ages 7 and 10. I will post pictures at some point.
TTYL


Yesterday's menu:

breakfast: grapefruit
lunch: grilled chicken & cucumbers salad
snack: granny smith
dinner: curry shrimp & spinach
drinks: water & lemonade

4 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Most excellent! WOO HOO FOR YOU! When you work the protocol, the protocol works for you!

Just a hint, when you have beef, eat an apple with it, or before it, or after it, and try to have beef for lunch instead of dinner. There is something about the digestion that is easier earlier in the day and your losses are better. Don't ask me why!

maryg911 said...

Woo Hoo, you go girl!! I have a 14 yr. old daughter who also thinks she's my mother, Haa! I do NOT look forward to teaching her how to drive let alone drive my car, its stickshift. Keep us posted on how the beef works out for you, take care!!

Becca said...

OMG 1.4 soooo cool! You're going in the right direction now woman!
I've been wondering about a cabbage roll too but haven't had a chance to go look for one, so PLEASE let me know how it turns out if you try it!
You know some people will use tomatoes as their fruit for a meal so that they can mix their one veggie with tomatoes so you could possibly use that for the sauce...

Anonymous said...

"Go Fattycakes, it's your birthday
We gonna party like it's your birthday
That weight loss has been tardy
Have you been thirsty?
You know we're dancing even though
It's not your birthday!"

Yippee! Lucky to have the kids teaching you the latest -- I love to dance, but would probably look ridiculous out on the dance floor. Then again, who cares? :)

I did really well doing very lean beef on P2. If I had the funds I did tenderloin (marinated and grilled -- OMG). If I didn't have the funds, I picked out the piece of london broil that had the least amount of fat, and had the guys behind the butcher counter grind it into hamburger for me.

Congrats on a great loss!